Wanted to knock up something a little different for me as I have an eye on something bigger in the near future so I decided to create a terrain model, a beaten up room.
It’s not meant to be anything or from anywhere, I just wanted wall to paint. That gives me an idea, I might do some graffiti next time round.
At the heart of the model is my good friend foam board. I built the general shape and used Poly Filla to cover the cuts and add a bit of texture to the dead ends.
Everything wood has been hand made from lollypop sticks. Here I’m building the doors.
The building was airbrushed with a green I had lying around.
The base is roughly cut from foam board. It was at this point that I kew what I wanted so I lined up the building, marked out and cut little ditch to represent wear from a lot of foot fall.
It was then textured up with the Poly Filla.
Nato Brown was used as a base colour.
Green weeds were added with the help of PVA glue.
The doors were dusted off with weathering powder.
The window frame was built using a lollypop stick, the full width was used to create the window sill.
And there we go, this was a weekend build and I’m very happy with the outcome. I’ve already started on the next terrain model project from one of my favourite T’V show.